This is THE prepper gear I bet your missing! For some reason, people over look or do not think about this one. The sad part about that is that it is SO useful. Once you add it to your gear you will wonder how you did without it and why you did not think of it. This is 4 feet of surgical tubing. I carry it on my water bottle bag where it is easy to get to. I strive to insure my kit is well thought out and that as many items as possible have multiple uses. This is one of those. Uses include:
1.Tourniquet: which is why its on the OUTSIDE of my bag and easy to get to fast. Also great to set a vein if you need to start an IV line.
2. Improvised Sling shot or weapon material.
3. Lashing Gear It has a 100 uses when it comes to gear and guns. It will keep things tight and secure. I have even doubled it up and hung a SAW from a chopper door for a make shift door gun when one was not available.
4. Traps and Snares: If you bend saplings and such, it will work but they will eventually take a “set”. This band makes a snare POP so fast that nothing gets away! The large amount or energy it can store and release makes it great for a man trap if ever needed.
5. Drinking. This is the real beauty of this and how I use it most often. If you make a solar still you can drink the collected water without opening the still- and loosing the heat and moisture inside. Also- you don’t have to take your canteen out if you run the tube into it as a make shift Hydration system.
6. Siphon in a pinch I could use it to syphon gas or other fluids. I have never used it for that as I want to keep it safe for drinking BUT is I had to I could.
How many of you carry a length of tubing? I bet more will after they see this and give it a try!